Name of Your Blog: Capturing The Moment
Name: Heather Swarthout
Best One-Sentence SEO Tip: If you have WordPress, install the SEO plugin and make sure you fill everything out, including having well over 250 words per post!
Q: What made you want to become a blogger?
- A: I became a blogger a few years ago mainly to share my life story and to post some family stories over the regular blogger system. There are so many reasons as to why I wanted to become a blogger, but the main reason was to use my blog as a journal. However, after a year of having my blog and not truly using it I applied to work for a blog that did reviews. I had never heard of doing that, and it was a huge commitment for me, especially seeing as I was brand new to the world of mommy bloggers. After a year of contributing to that blog, I decided it was time to branch out on my own and start my own blog. This time I figured I would purchase my own and go all out. My one-year anniversary is coming up in February, just after Valentine’s Day, and I’m extremely excited!
Q: What sites or bloggers inspire you?
- A: I am highly inspired by a bunch of different mommy bloggers. I would have to say The Review Wire, Lisa from Planet Weidknecht, It’s Peachy Keen, and many others have inspired me to be a better blogger. They have been super supportive of helping other bloggers and making sure everyone has fun. Plus, they are incredibly nice and outgoing!
Q: What is one thing you are most proud of as a blogger?
- A: I must say I’m proud of the fact that I have been able to dive into owning my own blog and actually get it this far when I had no prior experience at all. I had no idea what I was doing, and I’m incredibly thankful that I had other bloggers to help me out along the way. I definitely didn’t get here on my own other than getting my blog up and running myself. It’s been a great ride, and I hope to get my blog out there, so more bloggers know about me!
Q: What is your favorite post you have written to date?
Q: Give us one random fact about YOU
- A: I am OCD over everything, and I usually have a panic attack if I don’t get many of my reviews and giveaways written on time (according to my calendar). I also go crazy when I can’t think of anything to write that is organic or evergreen (which is why I don’t have much evergreen content on my site, I’m horrible at it!).
Q: What advice would you give a new blogger?
- A: I highly suggest any new blogger join some blogger groups on Facebook and do not feel embarrassed to ask as many questions as possible. Although I’m not a seasoned blogger I have been doing this for over 3 years and on my own for a year, I will always turn to my blogger friends to get some connections or to get a simple boost. Helping each other out is so incredibly important!