Name of Your Blog: Southern Mom Loves
Name: Holly Storm
Link to Site: Southern Mom Loves
- Visit on Facebook: SouthernMomLoves
Best One Sentence SEO Tip: Figure out your keywords for a post, then use them throughout your title, first paragraph, and tags.
Q: What made you want to become a blogger?
- A: I have been an avid blog reader for years, and I love to cook, share helpful tips, and natural and homemaking recipes and remedies. I thought I could make a meaningful and larger contribution to other like-minded people online,instead of just the few friends and family who were interested in that kind of thing.I was used to writing ad copy as a Graphic Designer/Product Developer, but I used to write short stories when I was a teen.
Q: What sites or bloggers inspire you?
- I love sites like The Food Babe for her in-depth look at what’s in our food, and Annie’s Eats for her delicious recipes and gorgeous pictures. I also follow sewing blogs like Gertie’s New Blog for Better Sewing and Grosgrain Fabulous. Most of my favorite blogs usually have to do with food or sewing.
Q: What is one thing you are most proud of as a blogger?
- A: Actually getting things accomplished! I had no idea how busy I would be being a full-time blogger and a wife and mom. Once I monetized my blog, I started having deadlines in addition to writing about the things I wanted to share. It really is a labor of love!
Q: What is your favorite post you have written to date?
Q: Give us one random fact about YOU
- A: I like to take things apart to figure out how they’re made. It’s a little bit of an obsession. It started when I was a design student working on intricate packaging and continued into pattern-drafting when I learned to sew. If I see something I can’t figure out, I want to take it apart to see how it fits together. That’s…not weird, right?
Q: What advice would you give a new blogger?
- A: Invest in a good planner!